Department of Mathematics, Engineering, and Computer Science

Job Opportunities for Students

Peer Tutors

If you've completed a math class with a grade of "B" or better, you may be able to find a job as a Peer Tutor for that class (or any class sequentially lower). To apply, fill out a Peer Tutor Application and have your math instructor fill in the recommendation part. Then contact Kat Powell, the Learning Assistance Coordinator.

Math Lab

These positions are funded through the Federal Work-study Program. Only students who have been awarded work-study can be hired. To apply, first apply for financial aid. Once you've been awarded work-study funds, contact Dr. Ron Cresswell, Chair of the Math, Engineering, and Computer Science Department.

Work-study Graders

Many instructors hire dependable work-studies who have good math skills to correct homework assignments. If you are a good math student who has been awarded work-study, check with math instructors to see if they have positions available, or see Dr. Ron Cresswell, x6814, in Shields 206-B.